Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Abattoir


Behind Every Well dressed man... Abattoir
Click on Picture for Details
If I've learned anything from my dad, a well dressed man knows how to put colors and print together.  I've seen a lot of mixing of prints and print over print that just don't seem to go. 

Here's a Tip:  What part of your outfit do you want to stand out the most? For example, in my picture on the left, my accent piece is my shirt. It's loud and bold. When someone looks at your suit, you don't want their eyes going all over the place.  Since the shirt is loud and bold, you accent it with more toned down colors. I opted to go for the blue bow-tie since it will blend in with the suit.  For a pop of color, I added the silver lapel flower so the colors from the shirt can pop until you decide to take your suit jacket off. 


Here's what you DON'T want to look like:





Here's a perfect example of a  great print and color combination.  Yes it's print on print, but the colors are all toned down with the pop from the pocket square.


Lastly, If you want your suit to be the center of attention, then make sure your shirt, tie, or ascot is a more toned down color like so:


No comments:

Post a Comment