Friday, June 20, 2014

L'Espadrille

What did Coco say?  Fashion fades, only style remains the same.”  Inevitably, it would be politically incorrect of  me to say: "what's new this summer...", since the espadrille has been around since the 14th century!  The espadrille has been recycled time and time again,  however, this style is back and it's taking the summer by storm (again) !


 (not my picture... took it from Google)


I have an obsession with shoes. Heels mostly, although I can't spend an entire day in them without getting tired.  I have this thing, where I kinda don't care what my feet look/feel like at the end of the day, I just want to look "cute".  I'm happy, but my feet, eh, not so much.
So, if you can't spend a day in heels, why not get flats? (duh!)  

Half of my life, I spent growing up in Canada. To them/us/the french, "espadrille" is another way of saying "sneaker".  I swore I owned a pair of espadrilles growing up, but alas, they were just a pair of Nike's.  I'm happy to say I officially own a pair! 

I have been on the hunt for Chanel Espadrilles for the longest but I could never find my size. Like, EVER. I did get to try on a bigger size and they seemed sooo comfy!

Then, "Mr. Red-Sole" decided to come out with his version of the espadrille for the Spring/Summer 2014 collection. .. Aren't they just pretty to look at? 

These are called Galia or Papi Hugo (Papi Hugo is the men's version, Galia, the female)


In all honesty, the first few wears were extremely uncomfortable (but who cares right?)  I did stretch them out so they are a lot more bearable.   But compared to the Chanel Espadrilles, these are a lot harder on the foot. They don't bend at all (like "normal" espadrilles do)  

 I wouldn't recommend wearing long pants with them because the dye can run on the shoe. They're made of cotton.  


They come in a variety of different colors including, black, white, and navy.  Some colors are exclusive to some countries so if you can't find what you're looking for on the website under the USA tab, try looking from a different country. 








As I was on the hunt for espadrilles, I came across these:
 They are super comfortable and they bend.
Burberry 'Hodgeson' Check Print Espadrille 





 Not sure on the fitting of these but they look cute!


They come in a variety of colors but they're pretty much sold out everywhere.You can try Barney's or Saks.



 


 


















If you're not looking to spend so much money, Zappos has a great selection of espadrilles:  Espadrilles

Happy shopping! :-)












  

No comments:

Post a Comment